Nate Silver of 538.com and his critics in the press corps. Get your literacy up.
With these five links… (Only have time for one? Fine: one. Want more than five? Scroll down.)
Dylan Byers in Politico. Nate Silver: One-term celebrity? …Sets forth some criticisms of Silver and observes that he has a lot riding on the outcome of the election.
Brendan Nyhan in CJR. Pundits versus probabilities: The misguided backlash against Nate Silver… Responds to those criticisms.
Josh Marshall at Talking Points Memo, Sorry, Margaret, You Need to Get Out More. “…Silver is not really reliant on the Times at all. He’s his own brand.”
Mark Coddington at his blog. Why political journalists can’t stand Nate Silver: The limits of journalistic knowledge… This is about data masters vs. interpreters of the race.
Academic lit crit version: The Passion of Nate Silver (Sort Of) by Natalia Cecire of Yale University. (“This is a form of boyishness, as boyishness has been constructed in U.S. history.”)
Geek version, In Defense of Nate Silver, Election Pollsters, and Statistical Predictions by Zeynep Tufekci in Wired. (Want less horse race journalism? Then you want Nate Silver’s modeling.)
- blocodeespantamentos likes this
- chrisobrienjournalist reblogged this from jayrosen
- shirleyfyi reblogged this from jayrosen
- jeffreysykes reblogged this from jayrosen
- dominickbrady reblogged this from jayrosen and added:
- gpbnews likes this
- shorterexcerpts reblogged this from jayrosen
- deepthinking likes this
- dceiver likes this
- wetcasements likes this
- normativeconnections likes this
- fatmixx reblogged this from jayrosen
- jhermann likes this
- joygarnett likes this
- crankypants16 reblogged this from jayrosen
- crankypants16 likes this
- sostark likes this
- thethirdshift reblogged this from jayrosen
- thethirdshift likes this
- trinibird likes this
- shaneguiter likes this
- jayrosen posted this