My Ignite talk entitled, The Abyss of Observation Alone. (5 minutes)
The first time I did an Ignite talk, I sucked at it. That bothered me. I’m supposed to be a pro at giving presentations. The Ignite format is challenging. You create 20 slides, which auto-advance every 15 seconds. No notes are allowed. Which forces you to prepare, but also to be “in” the moment. It’s an ingenious form, and hard to master.
This time I was determined to do better. And I think I did. But you can be the judge of that.
Here’s the blog post from years ago on which this talk was based. It’s about the I’m just an observer mentality in professional journalism.
- ushumoradvice likes this
- leo likes this
- blerchin reblogged this from notational
- journalismworkshops reblogged this from lifeandcode
- nephyo reblogged this from jayrosen
- awritersruminations likes this
- notational reblogged this from lifeandcode
- lifeandcode reblogged this from jayrosen and added:
- protoslacker likes this
- jayrosen posted this